As April 1 is approaching, some of you may be wondering whether or not to file H1B with the H1B consultants. What are advantages of doing so? What precautions should you take?
So I decided to write this post to help you make the right decision:
H1B consultants have the following advantages:
- While most companies are reluctant to file H1B due to the risk of not getting the visa selected in the lottery, H1B consultants have a big incentive to file your H1B because that is how they make money by subcontracting you to client. If the client company pays a rate of $100/hour, the consultant will take a cut (e.g. 25%). So you get $75/hour and the consultant gets $25 per hour. Everyone wins.
- Because H1B consultants are willing to file H1B, you can scale this process and file multiple H1B applications. You reach out to many H1B consultants, get placed into different jobs with them, and each H1B consultant files an H1B petition for you. That way you will have multiple legal petitions and your chances of winning the H1B lottery will increase dramatically.
What to watch out for:
When filing H1B with H1B consultants, the most important thing is to be cautious of scammers. There are a lot of scammers out there that will take your money and never file your H1B. And even if they end up filing your H1B, because they do shady business, you will receive an RFE or a denial of H1B. Check out this interesting article that talks about how a lot of scammers have taken advantage of aspiring H1B candidates.
That being said, please look for reliable and trustworthy H1B consultants that have a clean record and work with reputable client companies.
How do you find reliable H1B consultants?
Do a Google search and you will find tons of H1B consultants, but you won’t know for sure whether you can trust them. That’s why H1Bullet created a database of H1B consultants in the San Francisco Bay area that have proven success with H1B, and are hired by top companies in Silicon Valley (Paypal, Google, Facebook, Cisco, and many more). You won’t find this anywhere else.
Check out our database of premium H1B consultants and rest assured that your H1B sponsorship will be in good hands.
How to identify scammers:
- They will make you pay for your H1B. This is illegal.
- They will file your H1B when there is no real job for you. This is also illegal and if you get caught, you will be sent back to your home country and harm any future immigration plans to the US.
- They do business with small boutique client companies
I hope this post clarifies a lot of the doubts on filing with H1B consultants. They are in fact a great way to secure your H1B, but you must be cautious of the consultants’ reputation and track record of filing H1B.